Status: Currently not available for new projects.
About Dani Nordin
I'm a user experience designer with over 15 years of experience in the design industry, more than half of it designing and building sites for the web. My current focus is on strategic UX research and design for Drupal teams. Projects have ranged from helping small companies launch their brands and build their web presence to helping an international business school understand the needs of their user groups and prototype designs for a major piece of internal functionality. I speak regularly on Drupal, UX Design, and social entrepreneurship, should you want to talk to me about speaking at your next event.
In 2011, I wrote the Drupal for Designers series for O'Reilly Media, which includes the titles Planning and Managing Drupal Projects, Design and Prototyping for Drupal, and Development Tricks for Drupal Designers. In 2012, the series was combined with new material into a larger book called Drupal for Designers, O'Reilly's second Drupal title in the "animal book" series, released in August 2012. I also contributed to The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7, published by Apress in 2011.
I received my Bachelor's degree in Design and Business from Lesley University. I'm currently based in Watertown, MA, where I live with my husband Nick, our beautiful daughter Charlotte, and our cat Persephone.
The types of services I provide include:
- Preliminary user research (market research, user interviews)
- Personas and user journeys
- Wireframing and prototyping (Balsamiq, Axure, Drupal 6 & 7)
- Requirements gathering
- Usability test planning and implementation
Visual Design and Branding
- Site layout and design
- Theming in Drupal and Wordpress
- Brand strategy and research
- Logo development
- Collateral design (brochures, stationery, etc.)
- Promotional Websites (Drupal)
Content Strategy and Writing
- Content audit and analysis
- Information Architecture
- White Papers
- Guest Blog Posts and Articles
- Topics: Drupal, web design, UX